Saturday, August 3, 2013

First Concept Sent In!

As you can see from the title someone has sent me one of their concepts. It surprised me to see that the concept sent in was from one of my favorite concept artists, Alan John Herbert. I thank him for doing this as I can finally grade someone else's concepts. Here is Alan's blog. His concept will be last in this post.

AK Bars Kazan

For the "Snow Leopards of Tatarstan" I used Atlanta's modern third template along with their classic logo. Although those don't seem to mix, that's what Kazan has done with their jerseys. You can check them out here. As for the classic logo, the logo is actually the coast of arms, of Tatarstan, you can read about Tatarstan here. NOB is for former Thrasher and Jet, Alexander Burmistrov.   

Admiral Vladivostok 

This was the first jersey I made for the KHL redesign, except I didn't even know that I was going to do the KHL as a series when I made it. The striping is meant to be reminiscent of the logo but of course not exact. NOB is for Niclas Bergfors.

Metallurg Magnitogorsk
Of the two Metallurgs in the KHL this is one I did first. Their current jersey can be found here. As you can see their is no longer any grey in the color scheme and the logos where switched for home to away and away to home, I think it helps visibility. The pattern of the stripes came to me in a vision (after seeing Grown Ups 2, oddly) but I like it. NOB is for Jan Kovar.

 Kitchener Rangers by Alan John Herbert
Like it says on the concept Alan tries to make the Rangers of Kitchener less New York and his switch works perfectly. I only have two critiques. Number 1, put the logo you made on the pants (hey it's a good logo, not good enough to be a primary but still a good secondary). Number 2, why make the white jersey's helmet red when you can make it white? I realize that most CHL team use the same helmet for the home and road games, but if they could get a different color helmet I would make it white. Still a good design overall, 8.5/10.

Well that concludes the third post in Jake88JerseyConcepts history. It's a nice day and I now want to go outside, bye and have a good day!

No comments:

Post a Comment